Follow four friends as they travel the world of Pokemon. They will encounter various people on their journey, and sometimes get into odd kinds of trouble on the way. While each of them have their own goals to fulfill on their way to victory, they... don't mind stopping at the side of the road to smell the roses. And camping out. And getting sidetracked.
Cashew: Thank you for letting me know! I know for sure that this particular theme is optimized for Chrome, however I did a lot of tweaking with the code to make the Pokedex page so that could pose a problem. If at all possible, could you please submit a screenshot of what it looks like on your screen, so that I may see exactly what the problem looks like? It won’t be publicized, for your privacy.
Thanks again! c:
Edit: hhhh okay after quite a bit of tweaking and with the help of my friend Skins, the problem should HOPEFULLY be fixed, among others ;w;
A few things have been updated!
A few things that should be addressed:
As portrayed in the new gif above, this is an important change that will be implemented on the blog soon.
Due to our busy schedules, the mods have decided that interaction through asks and RP will be upon request and discussion only. Those that have sent asks in the past will see their answers at a later date once everything has been squared away outside of the internet, but we will not indulge in any sort of thread interaction. If you still wish to interact with our characters, please send us an ask or fanmail so we can discuss it, but otherwise this blog will shift from solely an ask blog to more of a webcomic type blog (Plus Q+A for those that want to know more about the characters/story).
Another reason for this change is because the story has expanded much further than just this blog’s characters, and now involves a larger cast. In order to capture everyone’s personality and execute the story accurately, we will have to cut interaction and tweak the format of this blog a little bit.
- This will not affect Takeovers. They will still happen, and we may have some side characters partake in these if the story does fall into place.
- You may still send us questions! The only change is that since we don’t get a whole lot of character interaction anyway, we will mainly answer asks in a Q+A type format. This means we will not draw your character at all, should they ask a question, UNLESS you come to us asking for interaction beforehand.
- Any other blogs we run that are connected to this one contribute to side stories, NOT the main plot. They run independently and you are free to ask questions there. The blogs in question include askprimadonnasylveon, askclauncher, and helioptileharley.
'Ay, guys! I've wanted to do a giveaway for a while, and since I've finally reached Banette's national dex number, I figured now would be a good time for that! I have to say, I've really been surprised that I've gotten this many followers, and I want to say thanks for everyone who's supporting me. When I first started this, I figured I'd be lucky to get 20 followers tops, haha!
PRIZES, THOUGH. You want ‘em, yeah?
•First place + Second place- Two characters (max) of your choice, colored + shaded
•Third place- One character of your choice, colored + shaded
•Both likes and reblogs count, although I request that you don’t do this with multiple blogs because that’s a crappy thing to do
•Must be following me to enter, doesn’t matter when you started following
•Drawing will be held a week from now, Dec. 7th
Again, thanks to all you guys! You’ve made this blog a lot of fun to run, it’s been a great experience so far :’D
Meet Ian the Phantump! ovo The trunk is based off of the Guelder Rose shrubs’ base.
Pokemon Trainer/Team Flare Grunt
His family was raised on very little, and throughout his entire childhood that aspect never changed. Adrien learned how to manage his time and money very strictly at a young age since he had very little to begin with. His father worked while his mother stayed at home to care for him, but even then she usually did her own thing. The city life swallowed up the time his parents could have used to build a stronger bond with Adrien. This didn’t bother him too much; it was the only thing he ever knew anyway. Instead, he spent his time venturing Lumiose for himself to get by. Where he lived, kids could feel safe knowing that their neighbors would at least look out for them. Adrien never ventured far beyond the neighbors he spoke to on rare occasions. Anything beyond that, he was told, was territory that belonged to Pokémon trainers.
The idea of becoming a Pokémon trainer fascinated him despite the scary stories the neighborhood kids would tell on the way home from school. Many of them described how they took money from weak trainers and left them penniless while others described them as fearless adventurers. Bullies or not, the thought of being able to travel independently and build a reputation from the bottom up amazed him. If it meant he could travel beyond his home, by all means he was willing to go for it. He did not become a trainer immediately, however, as it was against his parents’ wishes. They convinced him to finish school, as neither of them did, before diving head first into this crazy dream. He obeyed their commands, but not without taking a lot of shortcuts to surpass the school system. Cheating became his best friend.
Though he hated sitting around listening to old people talk, the one good thing that came out of pursuing an education was meeting his current girlfriend, Camille. They didn’t exactly start off as good friends in the beginning, but somewhere along the line Adrien realized he fell in love. Over time, he worked up the courage to ask her out. She rejected, but eventually she came around (fourth time’s the charm, he says). Camille also expressed an interest in Pokémon training, and it was then that they promised they would travel together.
Finally after graduating, he left his parents’ home to fulfill that promise.
Just a reminder that I am open for commissions. Part of the proceeds are going to friends in need, the rest I plan on using for school. I’m aware I have art waiting on me currently and I am hoping to hear back from the people I owe art to soon and tie up loose ends asap. My plan is to have all commissions completed by/during Christmas break.Even if you cannot commission me, I would appreciate spreading the word. All details are on the page, and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask me, whether it is here or on my art blog. Thank you.
Okay, I’ve had absolutely enough. There are some issues in this community and I am about to address them. Feel free to add on or disagree - this is not for the intention of drama llamaring, for the record: This stuff has been going on for some time now, and I’m just really, really tired of seeing good people leave this community and being hurt by it.
So here are some things I would like everyone to please keep in mind and refrain from doing.
Repeat with me, please:
- YOU ARE NOT A GOD. I don’t care how well thought out your headcanons are. I do not give a fuck if you think you are absolutely correct on everything you say you are, be it the science, the anatomy behind it, whatever. WHAT YOU DO ON YOUR BLOG APPLIES TO YOU ONLY. This does not change no matter HOW popular you are. YOUR HEADCANONS REMAIN ON YOUR BLOG AND YOUR BLOG ALONE UNLESS OTHER MODS DECIDE OF THEIR OWN CHOOSING TO ADOPT THOSE HEADCANONS, OR IF YOU ARE PART OF A GROUP THAT HAS UNANIMOUSLY AGREED ON IT.
- Please for the love of all that is holy STOP MAKING PLOT ‘FEELS’ A COMPETITION. STOP SAYING THAT YOUR PLOT IS GOING TO BE ‘FULL OF FEELS’ AND ALL OF THAT. Why? Because it makes you look arrogant, creates great unease in the community and this ‘competition’ to be ‘better than ‘so and so” and in general creates a negative atmosphere. Just write/draw/animate w/e your damned plot and be done with it! Let people decide on their own how well you did, because telling them in advance will generate expectations that you may not fulfil, further generating negative energy!
Even if you’re not intentionally making it a competition, the very fact that you would have the audacity to try and “one-up” others by saying how your plot ‘kills the feels’ or even just joking PUBLICLY with friends on “this is how it’s done,” IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE AN ASS. The “feels” game got old a LONG time ago, to the point where it has little to no meaning at all anymore. Let it go. Just because your plot is depressing and your characters go through shit does not make it good in any sense of the word.
- AND ON THAT NOTE - A BLOG IS NOT ABOVE OR BELOW YOURS BECAUSE THEY CHOOSE TO DO PLOT OR NOT. There are several damned awesome blogs I know of that are light and fluffy and just do it for fun! AND THAT IS WHAT IT SHOULD BE FOR. Your blog is fantastic no matter whether you choose to use text, images, voice, animation or whether or not you choose to use plot or not. And anyone who says otherwise are people who need to shut up.
- People feel like outcasts in this community because as soon as people get ‘popular’, suddenly they have to be friends with everyone. WELL GUESS WHAT - popular blogs are not obligated to be your friends. They are NOT obligated to even interact with you! If a friendship happens, let it happen NATURALLY, not because that blog is popular! Sheesh, we’re all human, aren’t we? :/ We’re all going to be friends with who we choose, and THAT ISN’T ELITIST. AND IF YOU THINK IT IS, KINDLY RE-ASSESS YOUR OWN FRIENDSHIPS. Please do tell me if you didn’t pick and choose yourself.
People old and new begin feeling like outcasts because a) as soon as someone becomes popular, suddenly they’re supposed to be friends with EVERYBODY, or b) people are so caught up in their own friend circles that they don’t even try to contribute to smaller OR newer blogs. No, you’re not obligated to welcome EVERYONE nor are you obligated to associate with all popular blogs if you so please; not everyone is perfect. Let friendships build naturally. Do NOT point fingers and claim people as “elitists” just because of the people they’re friends with.
And also, only call people a ‘sempai’ if they are okay with it. It might seem innocent, but it sadly adds to the contributing factor of putting people on pedestals.
- STOP WHINING ABOUT LACK OF ASKS IF YOU ARE NOT SENDING ANY YOURSELF. PERIOD. If you are sending asks, disregard this.
- STOP WHINING ABOUT NOT GETTING FANART! IT IS A GIFT FREELY GIVEN, NOT AN OBLIGATION.
STOP WHINING ABOUT THE LACK OF ATTENTION YOU GET. Absolutely NOBODY will come to you. Signal boosting or not, NO ONE is going to send you asks unless YOU PUT IN JUST AS MUCH EFFORT TO BE A PART OF THIS COMMUNITY. “But I do send asks!” Asks are NOT the only way to put yourself out there. You have to talk to people. You have to show interest and be friendly. Most importantly: YOU HAVE TO RESPECT YOURSELVES AS WELL. People are MORE UNLIKELY to want to associate with people if they CONSTANTLY put themselves down. Have some respect for yourself. Have at least a LITTLE bit of pride. The more positivity you put into yourself, whether you believe it or not, the more others will come to make you see that it’s true and you deserve it.
- STOP PICKING ON BLOGS THAT ARE MORE POPULAR THAN YOURS. Seriously, what the hell? People become popular by accident, because they are good, or because of hard work. They started the same way you did, with ZERO FOLLOWERS and ZERO ACTIVITY.
- THE ANON BUTTON IS NOT YOUR GATEWAY TO BE A PRICK. WE DON’T WANT ANON HATE HERE. IF YOU HAVE A FUCKING PROBLEM WITH SOMEONE - TELL THEM SO OR TALK TO SOMEONE YOU TRUST TO HELP OUT WITH THE ISSUE.
Anons are also not your scapegoat for all anon hate you may get. Just because some anons are rude does NOT MEAN they HATE you. This is just like having a discussion with a stranger in a restaraunt or out in public. YES. THERE ARE RUDE PEOPLE. NO, NOT EVERYONE IS OUT TO ATTACK YOU. STOP OVERREACTING AND POINTING FINGERS AT ANONS. Still got a problem? Turn the damn thing off.
- If you are OKAY with constructive criticism, DO NOT GET BENT OUT OF PLACE when you receive it. It’s fine if you think that person who is giving the critique is wrong, but don’t go out of your way to be all “NU I’M RIGHT YOU’RE WRONG”. Be polite! Say that you appreciate the feedback, but have decided not to take in on board. People will like that a lot better.
- And lastly? STOP saying there is no problem with this community. There is. And you’re better off acknowledging it and working to better yourself and those around you than ignoring it and thinking you’re fine, because I guarantee one day it’ll bite you in the ass.
I think this covers everything. Thanks Cashew for your added words, too.
Cashew: I normally do not stick my nose into this sort of business, but after having been as passive as I could POSSIBLY be about it, I’ve had enough. Some of you guys need to get your act together and grow up. Others need to stop shoving the problems in this community aside and stop pointing fingers at certain people for being the problem of the community. Some people need to acknowledge the fact that, yes, this community has certainly fucked up and there are obviously people hurt by it.
Every single one of the points stated above has in one form or another applied to various people that have left and are debating on leaving, INCLUDING Tinny and me. Whether or not people will acknowledge their faults and try to fix and own up to what they did and are doing wrong, I know I have no control over. However, I really, REALLY hope this slaps a few of you awake (people who I will not name names, but I’m sure they know who they are).
Pokemon Trainer/Team Flare Grunt
Much like she is now, her parents were very prideful and worked hard to live as comfortably in their small town as possible, which was alright at first. After her younger sister was born, most of the attention was directed toward her. This didn’t seem too out of the ordinary for her at the time, but after a while it became painfully obvious who they favored. She had favorable talents, ones that her parent’s worked to perfect and show off to the entire town. Growing up under her sister’s shadow was infuriating and eventually she started secluding herself from the rest of them, either in the company of a few friends or just doing her own thing. More often than not, it got very lonely on her end.
Feeling the need to make a name for herself and regain the self respect she was deprived of, Camille made it her mission to have a life that was much more prosperous than that of her immediate family. It was very difficult to do so where she lived though, so she set out for Lumiose, where she could live with her aunt and uncle and take schooling there. After receiving the OK, she set off in hopes of attaining more than she could had she not taken the chance and left. While the atmosphere was a lot more welcoming, her aunt and uncle’s busy lifestyle left her with just herself as company most of the time. Luckily though, she could at least find some sort of company being around the students she was going to have to see often.
One of those students however proved to be quite the handful; Adrien, who is now her current boyfriend. She didn’t pay much attention to him at first, choosing to focus more on why she came to Lumiose rather than someone she hardly knew. Still though, the attention was quite flattering. Eventually his persistence and charm won her over and she decided to give him a chance. They grew very close and it was then that the promise to travel together after graduation was made.
[May be edited as story progresses]
Welcome to the Kalos region, a beautiful place full of culture and excitement. There’s never a dull moment with so much to do, from the breathtaking landmarks to the busy cities, and the abundance of pokemon all around. Are you ready to start your journey?
Pokemon XYZ is a roleplaying forum based on Pokemon X and Y, and it’s now open to everyone! Come join us in an expansive roleplaying experience, where you can take the role of an OC or canon character and explore the world however you please! Go on a gym run, take on quests, or just adventure as you see fit- you can do whatever you want!
So sign up, submit your application, and let the game begin!